Saturday, March 3, 2012

Seuss Week and a couple of President's Day things...



Cloze lesson with George Washington Facts.

After reading "Just Like Abraham Lincoln" we brainstormed character traits Lincoln had and compared them to character traits we might have then we made a booklet.


Dice game my student teacher did with the class.


Beginning blends.


Kids choose an object from the box below and write the beginning and ending sound.


This center goes with "Green Eggs and Ham". So I came up with a color word egg center.

Flip over the eggs, find the match and write the word.


The kids pulled a popcorn word from the box and wrote it in the bubble.


Number identification and stamping 0 to 50.


One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish color word work.

The kids had to match words that had the same beginning sound/letter and write both words.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute Dr. Seuss centers! Where can I get a copy of the worksheets? Thanks!

    jjensen@north-cedar.k12.ia.us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your center ideas. I am always amazed at your creativity. I too would like to know where I can get a copy of the worksheets? Thanks for posting and sharing your great ideas!
    yolanda_jensen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these activities look great! I love the green egg sight words!


    Michelle
    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete