Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 100 and other stuff

This is a game I found online, it is not mine. It is called Unlucky 7. The kids roll 2 dice and  put an X on the number they rolled. If they roll a 7 they sing out "I'm unlucky!"


I had my student observer worth with the children on writing weather reports. The kids observed the weather for the day,   what they think the weather could be for tomorrow and their favorite weather. When they were finished they did a sorting game of nice weather/not nice weather. To make this game I used simple clip art pictures of various weathers and outdoor activities.


This math activity came from Deanna Jump's Snowman packet. We write out story problems, listen for the problem and draw how to solve the problem.


This came from www.makinglearningfun.com The kids painted 10 gumballs in all 10 gumball machines to equal 100.

I had the kids use tongs if they wish (for fine motor work) or they could use their fingers and put 10 of each item in 10 circles to equal 100.

Play Doh numbers with cookie cutters.


A different activity from the Read/Draw/Solve series of math journaling. I do this whole group this year.

During our Day 100 centers, when I had a group with me we practiced phonetic writing and completed each 100 themed sentence.

Displaying Day 100 collections.



Making Day 100 hats. I wanted to have something printed out or some kind of groovy counting by 10's thing to go with the hats but I ran out of time so we just decorated them and glued a "Happy Day 100" sign on them.



We also made a necklace.


This was another center. The kids rolled 1 dice and recorded the number in each box. The object was to roll and record 100 times!

This came from www.makinglearningfun.com gluing 100 Cheerios in a bowl.

Also from www.makinglearningfun.com painting 100 apples on the apple tree.

Stamping 100 times.



Our ice cream party. Each child got a cup of ice cream and could choose toppings: whipped cream, sprinkles, chocolate chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment