Saturday, May 5, 2012

Community Helpers/Career Day

I forgot to include this in my last post of Plants. I made this game called "real or fake" where the kids selected a flower and read the word on the flower. If it is a real word they wrote it in the real column, fake words go in the fake column. I made the words pretty easy so it was obvious. It was cute to listen to them try and sound out the fake words. 


Adding up groceries. My kids are getting so good with this!


Adding up doctors and nurses.


Doctoring up sentences. They did very well with this. I'm going to do a similar activity next week with Mother's day.


Simple center game.

The numbers were on the back of the mailboxes.

Match the vet with the dog to make rhyming pairs. Write both words. Dig/pig, tree/bee, etc.


Grab a teacher and stamp the word.


Adding together mirrors and beauticians.


Adding together librarian and books. 



1 comment:

  1. Great ideas on your blog. I am your newest follower. I would love to have you visit mine when you get some time.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete