Saturday, April 21, 2012

Eggs, Birds, Oviparous, Earth

Humpty Real/Nonsense


Roll dice, draw eggs in the nest.
 
This paper came from mailbox.com The kids had to sequence the pictures then write a sentence that goes with each picture. I liked that the pictures had words the kids could use in their sentences. They all did a wonderful job!

Birdseed number game


Popcorn/color word work.


The kids had to find the picture that went with the word and illustrate.


We spent one day on baby chicks.

I have a pet peeve about saying Eggs with the /eh/ sound, not the  AY sound so we discussed that and did a graph about our favorite way to eat eggs.

The kids had to pick a bird with a word on it and generate and write a sentence.

Oviparous Ollie Octopus game. Roll the dice, write the word that corresponds with the number.
 
Trash or Treasure real/nonsense words.



Kids unrolled the "trash" and wrote the word.



Recycling words...kids had to unscramble the words and write them correctly. They loved this!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog on TpT! I hope you'll stop by my blog and follow along! I share prek-2nd grade resources. I'm your newest follower!!
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete