Friday, January 21, 2011

More Winter

Between early dismissals, two hour delays and snow days I'm having a hard time finishing up my themes for the month. I've had to cut back on a lot. Next week's plans are Polar Bears and The Mitten.
Felt clothing and story retelling using the story "The Jacket
I Wear in the Snow".



Making shape penguins at center time.




TLC Snowman (Teaching Little Children). It is a
lesson I've used for years that teaches directional and
positional words. It is step by step and language based.
I don't think the company exists anymore but I have tons
of their lessons and art ideas.

Laminated snowman shape and the kids make
their own snowman details using play doh.

This day was one of our early dismissal days and I had 4 kids
absent so instead of reading groups we did watercolor
painting.


Next week's predictable pocket chart story.


Penguin felt finger puppets. Good for the story "Five Little
Penguins Slipping on the Ice" retelling or just language activities.

We read "The Snowy Day" just before being dismissed
early to go home because of the weather.

This is the view of the bus drop off/pick up area right outside
my classroom door.

1 comment:

  1. I love The Jacket I Wear in the Snow. I posted a really cute activity with it on my blog too. :)

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete